Friday, April 7, 2017

Some of my 'take a break' reads

Right now, I'm taking a break from my read and review list for my blog, The Leisure Zone, and I thought I would share some of my reviews on Goodreads, of the books I've been reading.
So, here they are:


Dragon Rose (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #2)Dragon Rose by Christine Pope
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an excellent book. The author has managed to write a fairy tale story, in the classic tradition of many other much older fairy tales. I loved it. It's an awesome book, very well edited, with a great story and awesome characters. You'll be mesmerized from start to finish. There is no violence or graphic sex scenes. But there is a most awesome story. If you're a fan of fairy tales, then this is a book you'll definitely want to read.

Montana Snowfall (McCutcheon Family, #7)Montana Snowfall by Caroline Fyffe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a good book, but, it is most definitely NOT a stand-alone novel. It's part of a continued series, and it reads like one. There is a lot of characters in this book, and bits of story here and there about them. Yes, there is the story about the 2 main characters, but about 1/3 to 1/2 of the book is about these other characters. It has a definite continued series feel to it. There are stories started but not finished in this book, and you're left with the feeling that they were continued from a previous book, and will be continued in a following book.

You should not read these as stand-alone novels, even though they are billed that way. They are really not. It's a continued series. From this one book I read, it seems to be a well written series; but you should start with book 1 and read through the whole series, rather than pick up one book from the middle and read it. I enjoyed it all right, but it would have been much better had I read the whole series.

Wild AngelWild Angel by Miriam Minger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is an excellent book and I really enjoyed it a lot. It has a rich story and characters, and is very well written. It's an excellent book. For some reason, it no longer seems to be available on amazon in ebook format, which is a shame. A wonderful story with great characters.

Date Night on Union Station (EarthCent Ambassador #1)Date Night on Union Station by E.M. Foner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a very good book, and I enjoyed it a lot. It's got great characters and a fascinating story. Purely great science fiction. If you're wanting a fun and fascinating science fiction read with a great story and great characters too, check out this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment