Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What's happened to my America?

What has happened to my America? The one I grew up in? That America was a much kinder, gentler place; much more free of hatred and prejudice and bigotry than the one we have today.

Today's America is a place I do not recognize as my homeland. People are so hateful and mean. And today's America is much more bigoted than the 20th Century America was, only they don't call it bigotry. They don't recognize the monster for what it is, and that monster is eating our land.

How long will it be before the hateful words and protests turn into bullets and skirmishes between the extreme leftists and the police and military of the United States? Don't think it can happen? Let the hate continue, and it will.

I've never before witnessed such hatred for a newly elected President as this nation has right now. Especially when he hasn't done anything wrong. All he did was win the election .... and those on the left, those of the democratic party, they hate him for winning. They want to totally ignore the fact that the heartland of America are the ones who put President Trump in office.

During the election, they threw every kind of smear they could dig up or fabricate against Trump, all the while ignoring his promise to ordinary Americans to:
Make America great again!
Hillary didn't make any kind of similar promise to Americans. She seemed to mainly specialize in making snide remarks about her fellow candidates. Personally, I never liked the idea of Clinton as President because I knew her when she was just a first lady for her husband Bill. She sucked as a first lady because she was ate up with envy of wanting the position her husband had, and ever since he left office, she never quit reaching for that office and the power that it held which enticed her so much. She didn't care about serving her country or making it great, just about having the position her husband had held, and the power it had.

The Presidential race of 2016 was one of the most vicious ones that I've ever in my life witnessed. I, as did many others, had hopes that once the election was over, that things would settle back down to normal again. But sadly, they did not. Things only got worse. Leftist mobs roamed the streets in protests against our newly elected President, and sometimes those protests got violent. They harassed and tried to intimidate the electoral delegates into changing their vote and putting Hillary in as President in Trump's stead; in spite of the fact that Trump legitimately and legally won the election. I think they managed to ruin Christmas for everyone. I don't think this has ever happened before.

And when the new year of 2017 rang itself in, the hatred from the leftists and the democrats continued. It continues still today, as I write this post. Many of the democrats boycotted and refused to attend Trump's inauguration. On the day of the inauguration, there were violent protests in parts of Washington DC. The day after the inauguration, there was a 'women's march' which was in reality, just a 'we hate Trump' march. One woman boasted about being a 'nasty woman', and another declared that she would like to blow up the White House; and both of them were known celebrities. One of the organizers of this 'march' had known ties to terrorists in the middle east. And pro-life organizations were not particularly welcome. 

The President's cabinet still has not been confirmed, because democrats are being as hatefully obstructionist as they can, just for sheer hatred and party politics. Even the news media and Hollywood celebrities have entered fray, saying some of the most horrible things against our President. The news media has even stooped so low as to put out lies as legitimate news stories, even when the news outlet knows that the story doesn't have a leg to stand on. All in an attempt to smear the President. Even now, they talk of finding a way to impeach him, even though there is absolutely no grounds. 

It's gotten so bad that you can't even share your opinions on most anything on your own timeline on facebook. That's why I've created this blog in the first place, to give myself a place where I could share my opinions in some sort of peace. 

People glorify illegal immigrants and proclaim their 'rights' under American law, when they have none since they are here illegally. They want to paint everyone with the brush of being descended from immigrants, despite the fact that settlers and pioneers and pilgrims came here first and built this land. They want to forget that fact. 

Me, I can't forget that fact, because on both sides, I'm descended from those pioneers and settlers, going back into the 1700s. I'm quite proud of that fact too. Once upon a time, others were proud of being able to say that. But not any more. 

During the campaign, back in 2016, Hillary called Trump supporters 'Deplorables'. Yes, a Presidential candidate called the American people that, simply because they pulled for her election rival. Yet people still hailed her. But those she applied this name to, they turned the tables on her and became proud of the label she had intended as a smear.

As for me, I guess I'm the most deplorable of all.
I'm proudly and avidly patriotic.
I'm a Christian.
I'm conservative.
I'm a Republican. 
I'm an avid supporter of President Trump.
I'm descended from settlers, not immigrants. 
Yes, I'm a very deplorable person. Just the type that the democrats and their leftists like to despise. 

But all this leaves me very sad tonight, wondering where my America has gone; and is there any hope for ever bringing it back. I wonder how far will this hatred go, what unbreachable divides it will leave in my nation. 

A country so divided against itself cannot hope to stand. But people cannot seem to get beyond their hatred.

In previous elections, after the election was over and the President elected, things would calm down and folks would give the new President a chance. But that has not happened with President Trump.

Well, despite it all, I still have my President's back. Like my ancestors before me, I support my President and my nation. And I despise those who would tear it apart.

It all makes me wonder who is behind all this? Who is organizing these ongoing protests? And how many of these protestors are simply paid agitators?

Our country, the United States of America, is in trouble folks; and if you don't realize that fact, then you better wake up to it pretty damn quick, before hatred washes it all away.

May God have mercy on us all, for we waste this great gift He has given us. He will not forever be patient with us and our land. For we have walked far away from Him.

I will close this post with this passage of scripture, from the Holy Bible, the Old Testament:

2 Chronicles, Chapter 7
King James Version (KJV)
Verses 12-22

And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place. For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and unto this house?
And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment