Saturday, January 21, 2017

Reflections on the inauguration

If you missed the pre-inauguration concert, then you missed something truly special. My favorite part was at the close of the concert. I found it all to be very inspiring.


Hubby and I watched it all, from the pre-inauguration concert, all the way to the balls on Friday night. I thought it was wonderful, and found it very inspiring, and encouraging and invigorating. It restored my belief in my government again, that things can get better. 

Here's what I posted yesterday, during the inauguration ceremonies. I think I posted this right after President Trump's inaugural address:




I will repeat here what I say above:
Those who are against him, who have tried every dirty trick in the book against him, who attack those who are for him, .......
what they do hurts them more than it does us who it is directed against.
Their negativity and hatefulness and anger hurts them more than anything else.
It darkens their soul.
It dims their light.
It diminishes their greatness.
I pity them. But most, I pity those they attack.
It is truly sad.

As for me, I am still inspired, ......
And I renew my conviction to go forth, holding firmly to God's hand, and seek the greatness that I know He has placed within me.

I'd like to share a bit of scripture with you:
Psalm 73:28 
King James Version (KJV)
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

Before the inauguration, I was feeling very down, very discouraged. But now I feel enlightened and emboldened to go forth and strive for the goal that I set for myself at the end of 2016, and that is just this:


At the end of 2016, I don't think I had my specific list in order, but there it is above. I'm going to take the inspiration that I gathered from the inauguration and pour it into my writing. As I took in the events of that day, that place where my words come from, reached out and pulled in moment after moment, to use as fuel for the goal that I have set for this year. 

I hope that you too took something positive away from yesterday. If you did not, then I pity you.

No comments:

Post a Comment