Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My book preferences

In my younger years, (I'm 55 now, and got away from reading for a while), my main reading preferences was fantasy, science fiction, and romance novels. Back in 2011, I discovered ereaders, and renewed my love of reading.

Now, I have a kindle and am always reading something. I was just sitting here at the computer going through my book emails, and thought it would be fun to do a post on my reading preferences. So, here goes:

The book emails I get:

  • BookSends
  • BookBub
  • eBookSoda
I've subscribed to several different ones, and these are the 3 that I like best, and have kept.

My favorite genres to read:

  • science fiction,
  • fantasy,
  • paranormal romance
  • romance
  • western romance
  • historical romance
  • mysteries
  • westerns
And I think that covers it pretty much.
As for genres I won't read:

  • horror, of any kind
  • stuff that's very, very violent
  • and not too fond of apocalyptic themes
  • anything that's real gory
I think you get the general idea. My tv and movie choices pretty much mirror my book genre preferences. Some tv shows I like a lot are:

  • NCIS, all 3, especially loved the DiNozzo season finale
  • Lucifer, can't wait to find out who 'mum' is
  • Killjoys
  • Scorpion
  • Major Crimes
  • Hallmark romance movies
  • Hallmark mystery movies
Yes, I do have a book review blog. Here's the link for that, in case you'd like to check out some of my reviews:
The Leisure Zone
** Note to authors - at the moment, I have a pretty full read and review list. **

If you want to keep up with what I'm currently reading, you can do that on Goodreads -- me on goodreads -- I keep it updated pretty good now.

I don't care for continued or cliffhanger books. With my book review blog, unless the author sends me all of the series to review, I usually don't get around to reading anything else in the series.

I do like, and much prefer, stand alone novels. If they're part of a series, that's cool too.

I've gotten to where I don't care for multi-author box sets too much. Here's why:  You'll have usually a two or three 4-5 star books, then you'll usually have at least a couple 3 star books; and then there are the 1 and 2 star books, the clunkers in the set. Plus, you spend forever reading that box set. I'm getting to where I enjoy just the individual novels instead.

So, I guess that about winds up this post. If you have any questions for me, just post them in the comments. Thanks for stopping by.

-- jd --

No comments:

Post a Comment