Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Next Big Thing by me - JD


Genevieve Scholl The Author, via

and


tagged me in this award thing called The Next Big Thing. I too am not really sure what it is, but here’s my post. I was asked to answer these 10 questions.

1)  What is the working title of your novel?

Now that’s secret for now.  Call me paranoid if you will, but it’s a long ways from being done, and I don’t want anyone to steal my thunder so to speak.

2)  Where did the idea for the novel come from?

The opening lines just popped into my head one day.  Then I opened up a new word file and started writing.

3)  What genre does your novel fall under?

Science fiction.

4)  Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Now that is something I have thought of.  If it were being cast right now, Dean Cain would definitely be one.  And that actor who played Angel in the Buffy spin-off series. 

5)  What is the one sentence synopsis of your novel?

There’s an evil seeping though the government, and it will affect one family in particular, and the secrets that they don’t even know they have.

6)  Will your novel be self-published or represented by an agency?

I’m thinking self-published right now.

7)  How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Still drafting that baby.  Up to chapter 4.

8)  What other novels would you compare this book to within your genre?

Hmmm, it doesn't really compare to any other.  It’s the brainchild of my own imagination.

9)  Who or what inspired you to write this novel?

My own vivid, active imagination.

10)  What else about your novel might pique the reader’s interest?

Not sure.  I guess I would say, when it is published:  If you like this one, hang on, for there’s more where this came from.  I have ideas for some 30 plus other novels.

I tag and nominate:

Corey Feldman

Angus H. Day

GJ Elle

Patricia Macias



No comments:

Post a Comment