Saturday, July 23, 2011

People just can't take the truth

The phase of political correctness that invaded our world has done serious damage to people and society.  For it has created a society of people who don't want the truth.  They want to be stroked and humored and coddled.  Take my day for example.

My hubby and I are going thru a rough time right now, physically and financially.  (Nah, nobody pays me for my writing.)  And to blow off some steam, I had posted about it some on my facebook page.  Lots of people do that right?  In one post I made, I commented about how tired I was of people responding with 'I'm praying for you'.  Because of Christian organizations today, that seems to be what they do the most of, pray for this and that and whoever; that and build new buildings.  But some of my christian friends took it as an attack on their faith, and started coming after me.  I got so tired of it that I simply  deleted all the posts.

And take an email I got -
I sometimes will answer questions on the Yahoo Answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/

One question just recently was from a 15 year old who wanted to know how to get high on something other than alcohol.  I said the person was stupid for wanting to get high in the first place.  They removed my answer!  Here is their reply:

"You have posted content to Yahoo! Answers in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. As a result, your content has been deleted and 10 points have been deducted from your points total. Community Guidelines help to keep Yahoo! Answers a safe and useful community, so we appreciate your consideration of its rules.

Question: Can I get drunk/high without using alcohol?

Deleted Answer: My answer - you're 15 and you are stupid for wanting to get high on anything at all. Maybe no one else will say this, but I will.

Violation Reason: Insulting or Ranting Content

In Yahoo! Answers you may not demean or insult others, or post tirades directed towards persons or groups.

If you feel this content was removed in error, please read the Community Guidelines and make sure that this content: 1. respects the question-answer format and is not chatty or personal communication; 2. does not contain non-relevant links to external sites or other questions and does not promote your own blog or website; 3. is respectful to other people and does not offend other community members. If you still believe this content has been removed in error, please contact Customer Care and tell us why.

Regards,
 Yahoo! Customer Care"

Yahoo thinks it is wrong of me to feel it is stupid for a 15 year old to want to get high.  Is this ridiculous or what?!!?


In another instance, one of my facebook friends had commented about a rather obscene remark she had gotten from a guy (on facebook I assume).  Well, she had for her profile picture, a drawing of a heavily tattooed woman with big boobs and barely clad in a black tiny bikini.  I suggested that her sleazy avatar might have something to do with it.  She got insulted and dropped me as a friend.  I figured she might, but after the day I had I decided I just didn't care; especially since I didn't know her all that well anyhow.


Maybe if people would start accepting the truth, and calling things stupid when they are, and quit being so darn politically correct - then maybe this world wouldn't be in the mess it is in right now.  Because today I was basically told that it is okay for a 15 year old to post on Yahoo Answers and find out how to get high.  And I was told that it was wrong of me to get tired of the 'will pray for you' phrase that Christians are so lovingly fond of.  And was told it was wrong of me to call a sleazy picture sleazy.  But then my family would agree with that.  They too think I am wrong.

My oldest brother deceived my aging and senile parents and basically stole everything they had.  My middle brother somewhere along the way found out about it and went along with it.  And none of them are talking to me because I am wrong?  Hey, I didn't even get my wedding dress or Star Trek books that were out at my mother's house.  Little less anything of hers for a keepsake.  And they are all 'good christians' too.

To say that people just can't take the truth anymore is putting it mildly.  Our world today has gotten warped completely out of any perspective or semblance to what it should be.  The actions in the examples I have shared with you show that quite clearly.  And we sometimes shake our head in wonder at the mess that is Washington DC and our US government!?!  They only reflect in a larger manner, the mess that has become our society of today.

Well I for one refuse to coddle and nurture your temperamental sensitivities.  I will tell the truth as I see it.  And I still call a spade a spade - not a club.  And no christian community, I am not going to cater to the holier than thou attitude that you wear like a badge.  I don't know of any of you who truly live the Christian faith as the bible says it should be lived.

Be advised and warned society:

I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT;

I WILL NOT HUMOR YOUR STUPIDITY;

I WILL NOT CODDLE YOUR WARPED SENSE OF THE WORLD.

For me,
a spade is a spade;
stupid is stupid;
a lie is a lie;
and christians are just sinners by another name.

-- jd --


No comments:

Post a Comment